With the World Team Championships being confirmed for Copenhagen this summer (28th-31st July) Team GB will be looking to improve on their encouraging performances in Prague. This event will feature the World Championship team event and doubles in the same week.
As competition and interest for places in the teams will be as strong as ever, the following criteria will be used as guidelines for squad places:
- Individual performances over the last 12 months at both domestic and international events
- Current UK ranking
- Balance and make up of each squad to include potential doubles pairings
Added qualification criteria:
After the British Champs the National Selection Team Panel (Dan Busby, Ray Jordan, Richard Middleton, Duncan Stahl with consultation also with Keith Lesser) will meet to compile their preferred squads and will at this stage contact players to gauge interest and allow them to book flights and accommodation.
Any players that are new to the tour or that don’t play many events should also contact Dan Busby to express their interest.
Important notes regarding selection:
- Tournament entry, travel costs and accommodation will be fully self-funded
- Any player selected will be expected to purchase and wear Team GB kit
- Entry into the World Doubles Championship is open to everyone. However this will not guarantee you a place in the team competition.
Further information on this event can be found at http://www.racketlon.net/content/world-champs-teams-2016-0#attachments