14th FIR Racketlon World Championships
Official Training Camp Announcement
PDF and web link copy here
- Venue – Nottingham University. Date – 1st – 3rd August 2014.
- Date – 1st weekend in August
- (3 weeks before the world champs so the ideal opportunity to get ready for the biggest ever racketlon celebration!)
- Arrival – Friday afternoon. Play starts at 530pm on Friday for 2 hours. Leave – Sunday late afternoon (around 4pm).
- Coaches – Keith Lesser (Table Tennis), Greg Mairs (Badminton) & David Lazarus (Squash) are confirmed coaches at present.
- Several additional expert coaches will be sourced and added to the staff.
- We are aiming high this year and will be recruiting some top quality coaches.
- Friday – 2 hours of practice of 2 sports.
Saturday – 2 hours of coaching & practice in each sport (8 hours total).
Sunday – Davis Cup Tournament (players are paired up and play against another pair in a Davis Cup format).
Abilities are matched closely so the Davis Cup matches are competitive and all four players are of an approximately similar level.
6. Friday night – Meal in town
Saturday night – Meal in town
7. All gym, pool and leisure facilities are included in the package.
8. Breakfast & lunch on both Saturday & Sunday are included in the package (4 meals in total).
9. 20 places initially available (plus organisers, plus coaches). Likely to be snapped up fast so book early.
Centre parcs last September had 25 attendees and this camp benefits from being
3 weeks prior to the World Championships which is the optimum timing for extra practice!
11. Cost per person - £225. (early bird available until the end of May for only £195!).
Payment direct to via bank transfer to English Racketlon, 20-52-74, 00790273.
All early birds are guaranteed acceptance!
12. This is a package for a single room (2 nights).
Double rooms (couples), junior discounts, non-playing attendance, camp scholarships and group booking available on request.