IWT Malta Open 23rd – 25th Sept 2016
After the huge success of last year’s Malta Open, we once again look forward to welcoming the worldwide Racketlon community to the beautiful Mediterranean island of Malta. The Malta Open carries the Jesper Ratzer seal of approval who said of last years tournament: “I can highly recommend this tournament! The facilities are tip-top, organisation great and the weather is very nice in this little country where all the houses look like small, old castles. The tournament has the potential to be a returning summer classic.”
The Malta Open 2016 is set to be a very special tournament. Last year we reached capacity 4 weeks before the entry deadline, so please make sure you enter early: ENTER HERE
Natalie Paul wins her Ladies A semi-final aganist Nicole Eisler under the Marsa Club floodlights in 2015
If Jesper's ringing endorsement was not enough for you, here are 6 reasons to come and play the most unique tournament on the FIR World Tour:
1. The warm Mediterranean sun with temperatures between 25 and 30 degrees – come and play tennis under palm trees in the sunshine!
2. The beautiful Marsa Sports Club with its fantastic racket sports facilities, its huge outdoor swimming pool area, with sun lounges, a bar and restaurant for all players to use and enjoy in between their matches.
3. Malta Tourist Authority is once again providing a guided, cultural tour visiting the ancient cities and sights of the island – and FREE to all Racketlon players, their friends and families.
4. The amazing tournament hotel, set right by the sea, with several pools, spas, sun decks and outdoor restaurants...and only a 10 minute walk from the hundreds of bars and clubs of Paceville.
5. Lots of other extras organised for Racketlon players and their families: the Friday night BBQ at the Royal Malta Golf Club, the free drinks at the Player’s party on Sat night, the boat trip to the islands.
6. A tournament staged by one of the most experienced organising committees in Racketlon! From the Team that brought you the 2014 World Championships in Surrey. We look forward to welcoming you to Malta!
All doubles to start from 10am on Friday.
1st round of some singles catergories to be played on Friday evening
All matches to be finished by 3pm on Sunday
Malta airport is only 10mins from the Sports Centre and 20 mins from the Tournament Hotel.
Duncan Stahl & Ray Jordan